Guess what? I’m going to Disney World…tonight!
That’s right. My unbelievable whirlwind of a weekend begins tonight. That meant I spent last night packing for my first ever destination race. I actually didn’t realize that until I started packing – this is the first time I will be somewhere other than at home (either my own or my parents’) before a race.
There’s a lot to think about. I figured a list would help me pack, and I thought it might help some of you pack as well. So here you go!
- Costume (!)
- Extra jacket in case it is cold
- Clothes to wear after the race (including flip flops!)
- Hair Tie
- Water bottle
- Sport Beans (or fuel of your choice)
- iPod (doubt I’ll use mine though)
- Extra safety pins
- Photo ID
- Race confirmation
- Hotel confirmation
- Business cards
- Money (my family will get a laugh out of that one…)
- Phone charger
- Computer (and charger)
- Mini camcorder (and charger)
- Camera (and charger – sensing a theme?)
- Cute outfits for dinners, the park and the expo
- Shoes (flip flops and flats)
- Contact Solution/Case & Glasses
- Hair product
- Hair brush
- Face wash
- Shampoo/Conditioner (if you’re picky)
- Make Up
Am I missing anything??